Manulife Investments has launched a segregated fund product option to its Manulife Private Investment Pools (MPIP) investment programme that can be accessed through life-licensed advisors.
The new platform, MPIP Segregated Pools, will join the MPIP Investment Pools platform which was originally launched in 2012.
"Adding a segregated fund platform to our Manulife Private Investment Pools programme provides investors with the protection features of an insurance contract backed by the strength of Manulife,” says Steve Parker, assistant vice president, guaranteed investment products. "Since the launch, the MPIP programme has proven to be popular with investors and now that they can access the new MPIP Segregated Pools platform through their life-licensed advisors, we believe the programme will become even more appealing."
Designed for mass-affluent investors with USD500,000 or more in investable assets, MPIP Segregated Pools offer 14 segregated pools (equity, balanced, fixed income) and maturity and death benefit guarantees.
Key features of the product will include:
• USD150,000 minimum deposit per pool, per contract
• A management fee reimbursement to the investor's contract when their combined household MPIP Segregated Pools assets exceed USD500,000
• A guarantee at maturity of the greater of 75 per cent of the deposits or market value
• A guarantee upon the death of the last surviving annuitant of the greater of 75 per cent of the deposits or market value
• Dedicated sales support, variety of purchase options, household contract-linking, customisable proposals and the potential for creditor protection